Diversity and Organisms
Phylogeny is the patterns of lineage branching, produced by the true evolutionary history of the organisms being considered (UCMP Web site). Speciation is the changes in related organisms to the point where they are different enough to be considered separate species. This occurs when populations of one species are separated and adapt to their new physiological, geographic, or behavioral environment (Evolution Library Web site).
Plants have a reproductive cycle, which has an “alternation” between a haploid (n=one copy of each chromosome) gametophyte generation and a diploid (2n=two copies of each chromosome) sporophyte generation. The haploid gametophyte produces haploid gametes, which fuse to form a diploid zygote. The zygote grows by mitosis into the diploid multicellular sporophyte, in which meiosis occurs in special regions creating haploid spores. The spores disperse, germinate into haploid gametophytes starting the cycle anew (Kennesaw Web site).
As plants have evolved, the sporophyte has become dominant, and this is advantageous to evolution as crossing over of chromosomes results in genetic variability in offspring, which is often crucial to the survival of the species (Dreamscape Web site).
4. The common ancestor to all plants is a multicellular terrestrial green algae that lived almost 430 million years ago. The three characteristics common to gymnosperms and angiosperms are: cell walls with cellulose; development of a plate during cell division; and, during reproduction, the sporophyte phase is dominant (The World of Biology Web site).
5. The two main characteristics are that they are vascular and seed bearing.
6. In plant evolution one of the major steps was the transition from an aquatic to terrestrial environment. The earliest were seedless vascular plants. Then developed the various angiosperms and gymnosperms, which had vascular system, roots, leaves, and stems, as well as seeds. The earliest land plants needed water for reproduction as the sperm had to swim to fertilize the egg. Successful land plants developed spores and seeds that protected the sperm and egg from drying out. The advanced plants had a seed within a seed coat, which contained food for the developing embryo. By using in reproduction “alternating generations,” plants have ensured genetic recombination. (The World of Biology Web site).
7. During evolution, animals separated into two lineages: protostomes and deuterostomes. The basic differences are: the protostomes have spiral, determinate cleavage while the deuterostomes have radial, indeterminate cleavage. The blastopore forms the mouth in protostomes while it forms the anus in deuterostomes. The protostomes have a schizocoelous coelom formation while the deuterostomes have enterocoelous coelom. Protostomes are animals that have a dorsal (back) heart and a ventral nerve cord. They like deuterostomes are bilaterally symmetrical animals. The deuterostomes have a ventral heart and a dorsal (back) nerve cord, spinal and brain (UTM Web site).
Enterocoelous development of the coelom occurs in deuterostomes. The mesoderm, and coelom, initially develops as pouches off the primitive digestive tract (the archenteron).
Schizocoelous development of the coelom occurs in protostomes. The mesoderm, and coelom, initially develops from a solid block of mesoderm tissue that develops a split down the middle (UTM Web site).
8. Determinate cleavage is characteristic of protostomes, where after the initial cell division, the resulting daughter cells can only develop into specific tissues, not the whole organism. Indeterminate cleavage is characteristics of deuterostomes, where after the initial cell division each resulting daughter cell has the potential to develop into an entire organism (UTM Web site).
9. The two characteristics are the body plan is a tube within a tube and the symmetry is bilateral with cephalisation. (South Dakota State University Web site).
10. Kingdom Animalia is one of four kingdoms in the Domain Eukarya, distinct from the other three kingdoms: Plantae, Fungi, and Protista. Animalia are multicellular, while most Protista (excepting the multicellular algae, which are plant-like) are unicellular. Heterotrophism separates the animals and fungi from plants, and the lack of cell walls in animal cells makes them distinct from fungi. Animals also possess several other unique features: interior digestion of food; possession of a digestive tract where hydrolytic enzymes are secreted; special cell junctions in their tissues; a life cycle as diploid cells, with the exception of haploid gametes (Stowell Friend’s School Web site).
Alternation of Generations.” Kennesaw Web site. URL:
The Animal Kingdom.” Chapters 20 & 21. The South Dakota State University Web site. URL: http://biomicro.sdstate.edu/Hutchesh/bio101/Text/Chapt20.htm
Determinate and Indeterminate cleavage.” UTM Web site. URL:
Enterocoelous vs. schizocoelous development of the coelom.” UTM Web site. URL: http://www.utm.edu/~rirwin/enteroschizo.htm
Glossary. Evolution Library Web site. URL:
Plant Reproduction.” Dreamscape Web site. URL:
Plant Evolution and Classification.” The World of Biology Web site. URL:
Kingdom Animalia.” The Stowell Friend’s School Web site. URL:
UCMP Glossary of Natural History Terms, Volume 1, Phylogenetics Terms.” UCMP Web site. URL:
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Students barely have time to read. We got you! Have your literature essay or book review written without having the hassle of reading the book. You can get your literature paper custom-written for you by our literature specialists.
Do you struggle with finance? No need to torture yourself if finance is not your cup of tea. You can order your finance paper from our academic writing service and get 100% original work from competent finance experts.
While psychology may be an interesting subject, you may lack sufficient time to handle your assignments. Don’t despair; by using our academic writing service, you can be assured of perfect grades. Moreover, your grades will be consistent.
Engineering is quite a demanding subject. Students face a lot of pressure and barely have enough time to do what they love to do. Our academic writing service got you covered! Our engineering specialists follow the paper instructions and ensure timely delivery of the paper.
In the nursing course, you may have difficulties with literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, critical essays, and other assignments. Our nursing assignment writers will offer you professional nursing paper help at low prices.
Truth be told, sociology papers can be quite exhausting. Our academic writing service relieves you of fatigue, pressure, and stress. You can relax and have peace of mind as our academic writers handle your sociology assignment.
We take pride in having some of the best business writers in the industry. Our business writers have a lot of experience in the field. They are reliable, and you can be assured of a high-grade paper. They are able to handle business papers of any subject, length, deadline, and difficulty!
We boast of having some of the most experienced statistics experts in the industry. Our statistics experts have diverse skills, expertise, and knowledge to handle any kind of assignment. They have access to all kinds of software to get your assignment done.
Writing a law essay may prove to be an insurmountable obstacle, especially when you need to know the peculiarities of the legislative framework. Take advantage of our top-notch law specialists and get superb grades and 100% satisfaction.
We have highlighted some of the most popular subjects we handle above. Those are just a tip of the iceberg. We deal in all academic disciplines since our writers are as diverse. They have been drawn from across all disciplines, and orders are assigned to those writers believed to be the best in the field. In a nutshell, there is no task we cannot handle; all you need to do is place your order with us. As long as your instructions are clear, just trust we shall deliver irrespective of the discipline.
Our essay writers are graduates with bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college degree. All our academic writers have a minimum of two years of academic writing. We have a stringent recruitment process to ensure that we get only the most competent essay writers in the industry. We also ensure that the writers are handsomely compensated for their value. The majority of our writers are native English speakers. As such, the fluency of language and grammar is impeccable.
There is a very low likelihood that you won’t like the paper.
Not at all. All papers are written from scratch. There is no way your tutor or instructor will realize that you did not write the paper yourself. In fact, we recommend using our assignment help services for consistent results.
We check all papers for plagiarism before we submit them. We use powerful plagiarism checking software such as SafeAssign, LopesWrite, and Turnitin. We also upload the plagiarism report so that you can review it. We understand that plagiarism is academic suicide. We would not take the risk of submitting plagiarized work and jeopardize your academic journey. Furthermore, we do not sell or use prewritten papers, and each paper is written from scratch.
You determine when you get the paper by setting the deadline when placing the order. All papers are delivered within the deadline. We are well aware that we operate in a time-sensitive industry. As such, we have laid out strategies to ensure that the client receives the paper on time and they never miss the deadline. We understand that papers that are submitted late have some points deducted. We do not want you to miss any points due to late submission. We work on beating deadlines by huge margins in order to ensure that you have ample time to review the paper before you submit it.
We have a privacy and confidentiality policy that guides our work. We NEVER share any customer information with third parties. Noone will ever know that you used our assignment help services. It’s only between you and us. We are bound by our policies to protect the customer’s identity and information. All your information, such as your names, phone number, email, order information, and so on, are protected. We have robust security systems that ensure that your data is protected. Hacking our systems is close to impossible, and it has never happened.
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A PERFECT SCORE!!!
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more